Wednesday 25 September 2013

embroidered pouch

ignore the scrawl, it was a good idea in my head
Another DIY for you - and one I'm quite proud of, if I do say so myself. I decided to take inspiration from some ethnic style embroidered clutches I'd seen on Pinterest (here and here) and embroidered my own design onto some of the gorgeous pink raw silk I purchased a while ago. I then stitched the embroidered piece onto some canvas - actually a canvas tote bag I got from a local craft shop for about a euro and then cut up - and sewed it into a little purse. You too can recreate such a pouch with the help of the easy-to-follow tutorial I used, found here.

Me being me, I forgot to take photos during crafting - but however much I'd like to give the illusion that the process was effortless, truth is I spent countless evenings hunched over my embroidery hoop like a little old lady, cursing as I sewed the fabric to my trousers and stabbed myself repeatedly with the needle (by accident, I hasten to add)...Far from snapshot-worthy!

the raw ingredients (I chose a different kind of polka dot print in the end)
polka dot lining

check those sexy french knots

3 comments:

  1. You should sell them online!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you MADE THIS!! Man those so insane it definitely could be shop bought.
    And you're right, them french knots sure are daymnn sexy;)
    -Kate xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I definitely feel proud (especially of those french knots :D)

      Delete